Recipe: Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
You could probably eat all of these in one sitting. I came up with these when I was in need of a super simple snack recipe that seemed fancy – which of course is sort of my cooking style in general. The result is easy and in my opinion, better (and healthier) than a bowl of popcorn.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas with Lime
- 1 15 oz. can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- zest of one lime
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl until chickpeas are evenly covered.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, tossing a few times with a wooden spoon to ensure chickpeas are evenly baked.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Originally posted here.