Support Indie Publishing and Preorder ‘Comestible: Summer 2016’
Earlier this year I did something a little crazy: I launched a small print publication. It’s called Comestible and it’s a quarterly journal/zine all about food. But it’s not another food magazine. Comestible is a little different (or at least, I am working hard to make it so).
Since it came out in April, I have gotten a lot of great feedback on the spring issue. It’s so wonderful to see it out in the world being enjoyed by people!
A spread from the spring issue of Comestible. Illustration by Jessie Kanelos Weiner.
It’s now time for the summer issue, and I am doing the same thing as last time: raising the production funds on Kickstarter. Why? Launching a small print publication is hard, and while I would love to, I don’t have the capital to pay for the printing up front.
That’s where you come in. Taking part in this Kickstarter campaign is an easy way to preorder a copy of the summer issue and ensure that you are part of the first group of people to receive it.
What will be in the summer issue?
- More beautiful illustrations (like the one above – which yes, you can color in!)
- An excerpt from Simran Sethi’s book Bread, Wine, Chocolate : The Slow Loss of Foods We Love
- A trip to coffee origin with Eileen P. Kenny
- An exploration of the vineyard and the world of natural wine with j.brix winemaker Emily Towe
- A look into the world of natural dyeing by Sasha Duerr (my goal is to have more food/fashion/fiber crossover like this in the future!)
- Seasonal recipes to take advantage of summer ingredient favorites, like sweet corn, tomatoes, cherries and more.
You can preorder a copy for $12, and there are also some good deals in there if you want to pick up a bundle of them, or if you want to stock up on the spring issue as well. Not to mention there is a limited edition Comestible coffee cup!
Support indie publishing and preorder a copy of Comestible: Summer 2016.